Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Valentine Tribute

Hello friends!

My plan was to blog at least once a month, but that didn't happen for January 2016!  Oh well, I have good reason.  I was busy quilting!

September 2014 was a very sad month.  My sister-in-law Annette (Zych) Glista lost her father.  Then one week later her mother passed away too.  They were definitely a special couple-truly in love.

Throughout my career in healthcare, mostly working in Nursing Homes and Home Health Care, this occurred quite often. One couple in particular stands out in my memory. They lived in an assisted living apartment until the wife became ill and was transferred to the Nursing facility.  Her husband would visit at meal times, feeding her ever so attentively because she couldn't eat on her own. He always had a smile on his face and greeted everyone cheerfully.  Over many months....maybe a year, he never missed a visit.  True devotion! Then one day his wife passed away.  He went home to his apartment that evening, and he too passed. I believe some couples become so close and love each other so much that they cannot bear the thought of living alone without the other.  True love!

So, by request, I created three Memory Quilts in honor of two very special people: William and Mildred Zych.  Several large bags of clothing (t-shirts, sweatshirts, p.j.'s, robes, etc.) were delivered and here is how they were transformed! Comfy, cozy,  flannel backed quilts!




Next up is another memory quilt "western style" and a t-shirt quilt made out of triathlon shirts! Have I sparked your interest and imagination to create something similar for you? Let me know......we can make it happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment