Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Pumpkin Surprise!

Last Fall I purchased a cool looking pumpkin from the Lawrence Garden Club's plant sale/auction. It  was orange with dark green splattered along its bottom half, and had a bumpy texture all around it. I wanted  to save the seeds - but I'm a lazy seed saver so basically, I left it out all winter behind our garage. After the snow melted I discovered it had decomposed, and there were the seeds waiting for me to harvest! But, at least one was left behind, because a few weeks later this pumpkin plant began to grow, and grow, and grow......


It was covered with beautiful blossoms.  The blossoms fell and fruit began to form, but those pesky ground squirrels ate them! 


Luckily one survived and we're giving it much love and care in hopes of it becoming just as beautiful as its "mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment